Office of Public Affairs
The VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System Office of Public Affairs is your source for news, publications, social media and more. By telling VA Pittsburgh’s story, we aim to help Veterans and increase awareness of our renowned programs and services.
Our staff are available to assist local media in answering questions about the health care system, locating an expert or obtaining more information about a news release or event.
Members of the media who require assistance after hours, on weekends or on holidays should contact Public Affairs through the health care system operator at 412-688-6000 and ask for the administrator on duty.
The Office of Public Affairs staff are only able to provide assistance for qualified members of the news media. Visit our Contact Us page for other areas of support.
Media Relations Staff
Media Relations Policy
To effectively welcome the media to VAPHS, the Office of Public Affairs has established the following guidelines for arranging interviews, videotape sessions or photo opportunities.
- Please call Public Affairs to arrange all interviews with any staff member.
- Reporters must identify staff by their official titles in stories related to their work roles at VAPHS.
- Reporters are asked to use our complete name — VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System — when referring to the health care system in a print or broadcast story.
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is necessary so Public Affairs staff can make arrangements.
- To protect the privacy of VAPHS patients and families, Public Affairs must accompany all reporters, film crews and photographers visiting any VA Pittsburgh site.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.