VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
Read the latest edition of VA Research Currents for Veteran-centered research news.
Research and Development
Research Office Building
Mail Code 151
Pittsburgh, PA 15240
We will acknowledge your communication as confidential.
In fiscal year 2014, VAPHS received $30.8 million for 126 investigators to work on more than 302 projects. VAPHS is accredited by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs and the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care. Major research emphases include:
- Clinical trials
- Clinical science
- Health services
- Rehabilitation and related technologies
- Basic science
- Animal trials
Interested in participating in research?
- CHERP - Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion
- GRECC - Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center
- MIRECC - Mental Illness Research Education Clinical Center
- HERL - Human Engineering Research Laboratories
- StatCore - Research Office Data and Statistical Services
- CTC - Clinical Trials Center
Support VA Pittsburgh Research
The Veterans Research Foundation of Pittsburgh is a private nonprofit organization that aims to improve the health and well-being of Veterans by supporting and advancing VA Pittsburgh's research and education activities, while observing the highest ethical standards.
The foundation depends on the generosity of individuals, corporations and other organizations to continue its mission. For more information, please e-mail Alanna Caffas or call 412-360-3866.
If you have questions or comments about this page, please contact us.