VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
Veterans Health Library
Taking an active role results in better health. And now you never have to wait for an answer to your health care questions. The Veterans Health Library gives you instant access to thousands of VA-approved health information articles including:
- Over 1,500 health & drug information sheets in English and Spanish
- Over 150 health education videos with Spanish language versions in development
- Online booklets with easy-to-use page turning
- Hands-on tools and quizzes
All of the information in the Veterans Health Library is created to follow the VA's high standards of patient care. Everything is written and designed specifically for Veterans in a way that is easy to understand so you will have the information you need to:
- Understand a diagnosis and make treatment decisions
- Prepare for everything from tests to procedures through rehabilitation and recovery
- Manage your health on an ongoing basis
Get started now! Visit www.veteranshealthlibrary.org.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to:
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
- send secure messages to your primary care or specialty clinic team *
- download your lab work (within seven days of being drawn) *
- view pending and past appointments *
NOTE: Some features require in-person authentication. You may request your In-Person Authentication through our My HealtheVet office, at the registration desk at University Drive, or at registration at the H.J. Heinz campus.