VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
Smoke Free VHA
Smoking and tobacco use is prohibited at VAPHS campuses, outpatient clinics, and Vet Centers.
VA's non-smoking policy covers all smoking and tobacco products, including but not limited to:
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS), such as e-cigarettes, vape pens, or e-cigars
Additionally, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System's local policy MCM EC-093 includes:
- Smokeless tobacco
- Chewing tobacco
We care about your health and safety.
If you use tobacco, please tell us when you are admitted to the hospital. We offer nicotine replacement therapy to help prevent nicotine withdrawal.
For questions on our new policy, please contact us at VAPHSSmokeFree@va.gov.
Should you choose to quit or cut back on tobacco use, we offer several smoking-cessation programs and support options:
- Tobacco Cessation Groups – No appointment necessary.
- University Drive campus: Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m. in reception area 1.
- H.J. Heinz III campus: Wednesdays from 3 to 3:45 p.m. in the 1 South classroom in the Community Living Center.
- Nicotine replacement therapy – Talk to your primary care provider
- 1-855-QUIT-VET (1-855-784-8838) toll-free quit line – Weekdays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Stay Quit Coach mobile app
- SmokefreeVET text messaging – Text VET (English) or VETesp (Spanish) to 47848
- Smokefree.gov/veterans – Develop your personal quit plan with 24/7 access to resources
- VA’s Tobacco and Health site – Learn the benefits of quitting and get access to VA’s tobacco cessation resources
- University Drive
Hours of Operation
- 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.